Equality impact assessments (EIA) help us assess the likely (or actual) effects of our policies on people in respect of disability, gender,including gender identity, and racial equality
Equality and diversity
Because we’re responsible for commissioning NHS healthcare services for one of the largest, most diverse cities in the UK, we’re committed to ensuring that everyone has equal access to high-quality services and care, regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Our legal responsibilities are set out in the Equality Act 2010.
We work closely with patients, providers, staff and voluntary organisations to help reduce inequalities and eliminate any discrimination within our services and working environments.
Our equality objectives
- Objective 1: Improve the use of equality analysis data in our commissioning cycle.
- Objective 2: Build strong relationships with protected groups and communities to better understand their needs and improve our equality data.
- Objective 3: Promote workforce equality and improve representation through effective employment practices.
- Objective 4: Develop inclusive leadership at governing body level.
Our Equality and Diversity Strategy and Equality Action Plan help us to achieve these objectives.
Equality and diversity strategy 2014 - 2017
This strategy is about how we ensure that equality and diversity are embedded throughout our core business.
Equality Impact Assessments (EIAs)
EIAs help us to analyse the effect of a proposed policy, practice or service so that we can avoid discriminating against certain groups of people.
We undertake an EIA for relevant developments. These Equality Impact Assessments can be found in the library.
Bristol CCG Disability Confident
Bristol Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has adopted the new Disability Confident scheme. The scheme replaces the 'Positive about Disability - Two Ticks Scheme'.
Through Disability Confident, we are working with Job Centre Plus to:
- challenge attitudes towards disability
- increase understanding of disability
- remove barriers to disabled people and those with long term health conditions in employment
- ensure that disabled people have the opportunities to fulfill their potential and realise their aspirations.
We will track the progress we make on the scheme through our Equality and Diversity Action Plan.
Share your views
Please share your views on equality issues in Bristol at Get involved.